Thank you for your interest in employment with Nye County School District. We would like to take this opportunity to explain our recruitment process and answer some frequently asked questions.
1. Applicants must submit an online application at this link. The Human Resources Department will screen and forward qualified applications to the hiring supervisor.
- Resumes are not accepted in lieu of applications; however, applicants may upload a resume and other documents to their completed application.
- Applications and ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION must be submitted via AppliTrack, on or before the position closing date and time. Please be advised that no exceptions will be made.
- Please allow at least two weeks after the closing date before contacting the supervisor regarding the status of the position.
2. Supervisor will interview at least three applicants and complete a reference/employment background check; once cleared, supervisor will notify Human Resources of whom they wish to hire. Supervisor will notify those applicants who are interviewed of the outcome.
3. Applicant must make an appointment at the nearest District Office to complete additional employment steps.
4. Applicant must complete the following paperwork during their appointment:
- Offer of Employment
- Verification of Previous Experience
- Network Access form
- Emergency Information form
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities form
- Direct Deposit form (Optional)
- W-4 form
- I-9 form including two forms of acceptable identification
- NVPERS Enrollment forms
- Met Life forms
- Exposure Control Plan (ECP)
- NCSD Policy Acknowledgement forms
5. Applicant must clear mandatory pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Testing and complete SafeSchools Online Training courses.
6. Applicant must obtain an NVDOE License with position required endorsement (Must submit NVDOE Licensure Application with license fee, official transcripts, etc., prior to reporting to the NCSO for mandatory LiveScan fingerprints).
7. Applicant must submit Official transcripts (sealed in an envelope) & Praxis scores to Human Resources for salary placement.
8. New teachers hired prior to the start of a school year will be invited to attend New Teacher Orientation. New teachers hired later in the school year will be invited to attend the following year’s New Teacher Orientation.
*Please refer to Policy 6260 for additional information.
Nye County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.